Sustainability. For many corporations it’s been the go-to marketing word of choice, but it’s not always easy to attain. Having said that, if you are running an echo-friendly company, the “sustainability” tag line should be in everything you do–including the events you host.
So how do you take events green? What turns a great event into an even more fabulous echo-friendly event? Here are a few tips:
- Provide online registration. Allowing attendees to sign up via the Internet removes the need for paper registration. 100% paperless registration: check.
- Use local food. There’s no lack of local farms and food producers in Italy, making it easier to reduce the carbon footprint of your event wherever in you are in the country.
- Give the gift of recycling. Celebrate the event by passing out sustainable delegate packs. No more bags full of individually-wrapped everythings. This year, think about sending your delegates home with seed packets, products made from biodegradable bamboo, or high-quality, durable, reusable carry bags.
- Plant trees. Planting trees is a great way to help the environment, and leaves a lasting impression on the earth. Consider adding customized tree gifts to your next goody bag.
- Make sure gifts can be reused. Anything given in the event should be able to be used more than once or twice.
- Reduce merchandise even further. Consider creating virtual event bags. Have attendees check in with their email addresses, which delivers their virtual bag to them.
Sustainability. It’s more than a word; it’s a way of business. -And while your corporation may not be able to drop its carbon footprint down to zero, every little bit helps. From the food you use to the gifts you give, conservation is possible.
It’s easy to look at a destination like Italy and think that creating a green event is unattainable, but all it takes is planning and forethought. Contact Dolce Vita Incentives for your next echo-friendly event.